Why You Should Use A Professional Drain Cleaning Service to Clear a Clogged Drain in Corydon, IN
Dealing with a clogged drain can be a real hassle, where ever it occurs. Whether you’re trying to do dishes in your kitchen sink, wash your hands in the bathroom sink, or take a shower, a clogged drain can seriously hinder your efforts. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t know how to clear a clogged drain in a safe and effective manner. Many end up making the situation even worse, which is why you should consider scheduling an appointment with a professional drain cleaning service to ensure that your clog is completely removed. Even if it’s just a minor clog, it’s important that you have it removed immediately. This is because a clogged drain can be much more than just a nuisance.
Preventing Clogged Drains
The easiest way to deal with a clogged drain is to avoid it from happening altogether. The following are a few tips to keep in mind to prevent a clogged drain:
• Don’t wash food down your kitchen sink – Avoid putting solids down your drains. Even if you have a garbage disposal, you should be very careful. For instance, don’t put bones down your garbage disposal. Other items you should always avoid washing down your drains include coffee grounds and grease. Grease will line your pipes, causing difficult-to-remove clogs to build up over time.
• Use a shower drain hair catcher – If you or anyone in your household has long hair, consider putting a shower drain hair catcher down in your shower. This will prevent long hairs from washing down your drain and tangling up in your pipes, causing large clogs.
• Don’t use your toilet as a trashcan – The only thing going into your toilet should be toilet paper (besides human waste, of course). Don’t flush paper towels, dental floss, feminine hygiene products, or other such items down the toilet. This can cause your toilet to clog, resulting in water coming back up and potentially flooding your bathroom.
• Flush your drains on a regular basis – Simply run hot water down your bathroom and kitchen drains for a few seconds after use. Doing so can help dislodge any particles that have collected during previous use.
Reasons to Use a Professional to Clear a Clogged Drain
At first glance, a clogged drain may not seem like the most difficult situation to overcome. After all, how difficult can it be to remove a clog? Unfortunately, people often try to take matters into their own matters. As a result of not knowing how to clear a clogged drain properly, they often make things even worse. The following are just a couple of reasons why you should depend on a professional to clear a clogged drain instead of trying to do it yourself:
• Drain cleaners can damage your pipes – You may be tempted to buy a chemical drain cleaner. While such cleaners can help break up smaller clogs, they do tend to be filled with various chemicals. These chemicals can not only be dangerous to inhale, but they can cause damage to your pipes over the long term. As a result of their use, you may end up having to pay to have your pipes repaired or replaced.
• Breaking up small clogs can result in bigger ones – You could go into your drain with a coat hanger in an attempt to dislodge whatever is blocking your drain. This can work sometimes. However, it can cause a bigger issue as a result. Breaking up a small clog can cause whatever was clogging your drain to travel further down your pipe, where it may gather into another clog. This time, it could be even more difficult to reach.
• Professionals have the necessary tools – Professional plumbing services can use snake cameras to identify where the clog is and what course of action is required. They also have sink augers, plungers, snake tools, and water jets, all of which they can use to completely remove any sized clog, no matter where it’s located.
If you are experiencing a clogged drain in your Corydon, Indiana home, then be sure to contact your neighborhood plumber, Greenwell Plumbing, to schedule a professional plumbing service today.